Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a URL To a google sheet, which has been shared, and can be opened by anyone who has the link. I can view this spreadsheet successfully using Google Chrome. When I try to use the Google Sheets Reader in FME it required Google Authentication. When i enter my own google account details I get the error:

400. That’s an error.

Unverified state_wrapper. That’s all we know.

Is there any other way I can connect to the google sheet?

Regards,

Helen

I've just tried this and can confirm that this is happening on FME 2019 (and considering the spreadsheet is set to be viewable this is certainly unexpected). Using an existing web connection to my Google account does make it work.

It seems the Google Sheets reader parameters require authentication, either via a refresh token that forces you to log in (but then still won't grant access) or through a web connection and I wonder if this may be a bug.

I've just tried this and can confirm that this is happening on FME 2019 (and considering the spreadsheet is set to be viewable this is certainly unexpected). Using an existing web connection to my Google account does make it work.

It seems the Google Sheets reader parameters require authentication, either via a refresh token that forces you to log in (but then still won't grant access) or through a web connection and I wonder if this may be a bug.

@natalieatsafe could you get somebody from Support to look into this?

Hi @divil, Test a sample worksheet from my own account with FME 2018 and 2019 and it works without any error or issue.

Can you please file a support ticket? https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and also include the URL to the spreadsheet that you are trying to access in the repro package for the support ticket. Please also mentioned the FME Desktop version that you are currently using.

All the formats that using WebConnections, does require a valid Refresh token in order to use RESTAPI to access the contents.

Error 400 refers to Bad Request, can be caused by a number of reasons, but it would be best if we can try and repro the issue.

Hi @divil, Test a sample worksheet from my own account with FME 2018 and 2019 and it works without any error or issue.

Can you please file a support ticket? https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ and also include the URL to the spreadsheet that you are trying to access in the repro package for the support ticket. Please also mentioned the FME Desktop version that you are currently using.

All the formats that using WebConnections, does require a valid Refresh token in order to use RESTAPI to access the contents.

Error 400 refers to Bad Request, can be caused by a number of reasons, but it would be best if we can try and repro the issue.

Thanls @rahulsharma. I'm trying to access a Google Sheet that is shared by another organisation. I don't think it will be possible for me to get refresh token. Thanks for the reply, I understand the issue better now, I was just trying to use a standard google account login, which would not have worked,

Helen