Skip to main content

Hi,

I read an Oracle Database with "esri SDE" connection file.

I need to update the reader. We now have a new Oracle table that contain a new column and the datatype of that column is "xmltype".

With a Oracle Reader or SQLExecutor, I can read the "xmltype" data. But if I read the data with "SDE", the column is not there. Like SDE don't understand "xmltype". Any idea ?

Hi @francis_m​ ,

The fact that you can read it in using Oracle Reader and SQLExecutor makes me think that the table isn't registered with the Geodatabase. Just to confirm this is a Feature class that is registered with the Geodatabase? Are you able to share a screenshot showing the fields as viewed in ArcGIS or share with us the XML Workspace Document that contains the schema of the table you are attempting to read?

Hi @francis_m​ ,

The fact that you can read it in using Oracle Reader and SQLExecutor makes me think that the table isn't registered with the Geodatabase. Just to confirm this is a Feature class that is registered with the Geodatabase? Are you able to share a screenshot showing the fields as viewed in ArcGIS or share with us the XML Workspace Document that contains the schema of the table you are attempting to read?

Hi! thansk for the answer. The Oracle database is not an SDE database. It's just a Oracle database. SDE connection file can connect to Oracle even if the table is not registered. I read the table and create the geometry. The field viewed in ArcGIS is visible but no property. I will work with sql executor to get back the data. it's my workaround.oracle_tbl_with_xmltype_in_arcgisoracle_tbl_with_xmltype_in_arcgis_dataoracle_tbl_with_xmltype_in_oracle

Hello @francis_m​ ,

The data type not showing up is odd, i'd suggest reaching out to Esri regarding that. With regard to FME, we would recommend using the Native database format for reading/writing unregistered tables that are in your Geodatabase. The reason being is some of the data types may not be supported via the ArcGIS libraries that we use.