Skip to main content
Hello!

Writing to an Oracle Spatial Database I get following error:

Oracle Writer: Abnormal channel cleanup required, likely due to previous error

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help, regards

Isabell
Hi,

is that the only error message in the log? Or do you also get an ORA-XXXX error message? If so, please post it.

If this is the only error, you might want to forward it to Safe. I have the impression that the error is from FME, not Oracle directly.

David
Hey David!

No I don't get an ORA-XXX error message, so I have the problem, that I don't know exactly what is happening here.

You mean, I should send the logfile to SAFE?

Regards

Isabell
Hi Isabell,

yes, you can submit your error and attach you workspace and log file here: http://fmepedia.safe.com/knowledgeSubmitCase?

David
Thank you for your help!

I found the error!

Isabell
I have this issue and can't find the error!  Can you advise me, please, how you resolved yours?

Thanks

Paul

@Isabell:

Can you please share your solution here? It would help us others facing the same problem a lot.

@Hairy:

Have you found a solution yet? If yes, could you please also share? Thanks!

Four/five years later, this issues is not fixed . Someone knows why ? How can we fixe it ?

Four/five years later, this issues is not fixed . Someone knows why ? How can we fixe it ?

Hi @dimitri_veremes, are you seeing this error in your workspaces? If so, are you able to share the full log file?

Hi @isabell, please check out Oracle writer issues, WARN | Abnormal channel cleanup required for more information/answers regarding this WARN message in FME.