Skip to main content
i'm stumped...

I have FME Workbench installed on 2 different machines.  On one machine the Oracle readers are enabled and available to be chosen and on machine 2 they are grayed out and disabled.

Yes there is a dot in the Licensed column of the Reader Gallery on both machines, so I believe I am licensed for it.

I have the Oracle client installed on both machines. 

Machine 1 is Windows 7 64-bit.

Machine 2 is Windows Server 2008 R-2 64-bit.

How do I "enable" the Oracle readers on machine 2?

on Machine 1 the Oracle client was installed first, then FME 2013 SP1.  On Machine 2, the Oracle client was installed after FME 2013 SP1 was already installed.  Does that matter?

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

one possible reason is the difference of target platform (32-bit or 64-bit) between FME and Oracle client. Also look over this point.

Takashi
I found this article:

https://safe.secure.force.com/articles/How_To/32-bit-vs-64-bit-FME-support-and-Formats

And it says "Also to get at the Oracle databases we require a 32 bit Oracle client ".  I have the 64-bit Oracle client installed.

I'll get the 32-bit client installed and post back with the results.

Sarah

Match the bit version of the Oracle client to the bit version of FME.

E.g. 

32bit Oracle Client = FME 32bit

64bit Oracle Client = FME 64bit

The local operating system and the bit version of the Oracle database has no impact. I also learned from Safe that you can have both 32 and 64 bit FME working with 32 and 64 bit Oracle clients on the same machine.