Skip to main content

Hello

I use a ORACLE non spatial writer (shortname ORACLE8I_DB), non-dynamic i.e. fixed definition of attributes. One of the attributes is defined as: HSN varchar2(10)

If I use this in my environment and if the attribute HSN is longer than 10 it gets written without any error or warning and is cut to length 10.

Problem:

If a customer in a different Oracle environment uses the same workspace with the same data the writer stops with ERROR complaining that the value is too long.

One time it cuts the data without any message, the other time it stops with ERROR.

Does anyone have an idea what maybe the reason for the different behaviour in the Oracle environments ?

Our Oracle expert says there is no option in Oracle to control this. Google didn't help either ...

Thanks for any hint

Michael

The Oracle writer has an Advanced Parameter: Enforce Strict Attribute Conversion = Yes|No This can change how FME handles attributes that are to long and need truncation.

The Oracle writer has an Advanced Parameter: Enforce Strict Attribute Conversion = Yes|No This can change how FME handles attributes that are to long and need truncation.

Good to know.

BUT: It is the same workspace running in both enviroments. So I think the FME workspace should have the same behaviour in all places ?!

Good to know.

BUT: It is the same workspace running in both enviroments. So I think the FME workspace should have the same behaviour in all places ?!

Yes it should have the same behaviour. Perhaps check that you are running the same version of FME on both machines. Also, open the workspace on the problem machine and check that the Enforce Strict Attribute Conversion = No , as it should be on your machine.