Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm trying to write an OBJ file with groups. Is it possible to do that? I tried creating an attribute obj_group and then use GeometryPropertySetter with Traits from Attributes. I also tried to Aggregate objects into groups but nothing works so far...

I've enclosed and example.

Thanks, Stéphane

Hi @inspecteurgadge Like this?

You just need to set properties first, and THEN aggregate. The

Hi @sigtill thanks for your help! The problem is not in the Workbench, the problem is with the OBJ File Writer. I can see the trait in the Inspector like you but if you open the resulting OBJ file with a text editor, you can see that the groups are not written there.

Hi @sigtill thanks for your help! The problem is not in the Workbench, the problem is with the OBJ File Writer. I can see the trait in the Inspector like you but if you open the resulting OBJ file with a text editor, you can see that the groups are not written there.

Ah, I understand. By looking at the documentation (also for FME2020) it seems its not possible. Best is to add this as a new idea here: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/post.html?space=155 - or use another format that supports attributes. Which software do you want to read the obj file with?