Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a custom workflow built around the GoogleGeocoder transformer available in the FME Store.

My company recently upgraded the server from which I access FME Desktop (from Windows Server '08 to Windows Server '12), and now the workflow errors out on the JSONFlattener transformer piece of the GoogleGeocoder transformer.

All my other custom workflows continue to work perfectly...

Below is the exact error message I get. Has anybody encountered this error before? If so, how did you remedy it?

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|ERROR |GoogleGeocoder_JSONFlattener(JSONQueryFactory): A JSON syntax error was found at line 3, column 133

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|ERROR |GoogleGeocoder_JSONFlattener(JSONQueryFactory): The JSON data is incomplete: Unexpectedly encountered the end of JSON data

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|ERROR |Bridge failed to output feature on tag `PYOUTPUT'

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|FATAL |PythonFactory failed to process feature

2018-01-22 12:50:12| 4.2| 0.0|FATAL |PythonFactory failed to process feature

Hi @amoore4

is the transformer called GoogleGeocoder? Did you download it from the HUB? What FME version do you use? I wonder if it might be a deprecated custom transformer as I can't find it in the FME Hub https://hub.safe.com/search?q=google&page;=1&size;=10ℴ=relevance

Hi @amoore4

is the transformer called GoogleGeocoder? Did you download it from the HUB? What FME version do you use? I wonder if it might be a deprecated custom transformer as I can't find it in the FME Hub https://hub.safe.com/search?q=google&page;=1&size;=10ℴ=relevance

I do see that it is in the depreciated status on the FME Hub, but there is a footnote that states "This item is deprecated and will not be visible to the workbench, but any workspaces that reference it will still be able to download and use it", so I should still be able to use it...

https://hub.safe.com/transformers/googlegeocoder

Hi @amoore4

Lena,

To answer your other questions:

-I was able to pull it directly into my workspace via the FME Store folder in the Transformer Gallery.

-I am working in FME Desktop 2014.

I leverage the software via a Citrix Virtual Portal interface, so I don't have the software installed on my machine. And the server I access for this was upgraded from Windows Server '08 to Windows Server '12 (have been using FME 2014 on '08 server and continue to use FME 2014 on '12 server)...This was the only variable that changed from a working workflow to a non-working-workflow...as far as I know.

Lena,

To answer your other questions:

-I was able to pull it directly into my workspace via the FME Store folder in the Transformer Gallery.

-I am working in FME Desktop 2014.

I leverage the software via a Citrix Virtual Portal interface, so I don't have the software installed on my machine. And the server I access for this was upgraded from Windows Server '08 to Windows Server '12 (have been using FME 2014 on '08 server and continue to use FME 2014 on '12 server)...This was the only variable that changed from a working workflow to a non-working-workflow...as far as I know.

I suspected it must be an older FME...

It sounds like a Python error. Could you please check if there is Python 2.7 installed on the server? FME 2014 is not compatible with Python 3.x, so this might be the root of the problem.

Hi @amoore4

I did find this in the .log file of the workflow before it errors out.

Loaded module 'PythonFactory' from file 'D:\\FME2014\\plugins/PythonFactory.dll'

FME API version of module 'PythonFactory' matches current internal version (3.7 20140327)

Using FME's provided Python interpreter from D:\\FME2014\\fmepython27\\python27.dll

Python version 2.7 successfully loaded

Adding directory `\\\\nascharf06\\smartgriddb\\SmartGrid_Planning_Production (New Server)\\FME_Workspaces\\' to the python path

FME API version of module 'PythonFactory' matches current internal version (3.7 20140327)

Loaded module 'HTTPFactory' from file 'D:\\FME2014\\plugins/HTTPFactory.dll'

FME API version of module 'HTTPFactory' matches current internal version (3.7 20140327)

Loaded module 'JSONQueryFactory' from file 'D:\\FME2014\\plugins/JSONQueryFactory.dll'

FME API version of module 'JSONQueryFactory' matches current internal version (3.7 20140327)

Emptying factory pipeline