Skip to main content

I am running some simple jobs that merely move datasets from one location/format to another to provide access from multiple systems and applications. When one of the source datasets contains a field name that is a SQL reserved work (SQL Server in this case) FME Workbench is unable to create the output feature class and the job fails.

For example I have a Shapefile of airports that has a text field in it named "Name". When I attempt to write this dataset to an enterprise geodatabase without changing that field name the job fails with this error -

"An error occurred while attempting to create the feature class 'airports_metro'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147215961'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Invalid database name 08004::Microsoft]]SQL Server Native Client 11.0]]SQL Server]Database 'NVARCHAR' does not exist. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.] EGH_PUBLIC_WGS.ARCMAP_ADMIN.airports_metro]}"

Is there a way to get FME to bracket "t]" the field names when issuing the command to create the output dataset so that I can move data around without having to change schemas from one location to the next. Or has anyone else run into this issue and found a workaround.

NOTE: If I move the dataset using ArcGIS tools (Copy of Feature Class to Feature Class) the output table is created and populated. I am trying to avoid these tools because I also often have to project the datasets and am trying to avoid the two step process of moving and then projecting using ArcGIS tools.

Be the first to reply!