Skip to main content
Hi, I would like to merge several kml into one, but in keeping my hierarchical structure, that means Event Type > Countries > Year > Month > Link

Then I would like to handle it in GoogleEarth but it would be too heavy. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Arnaud
Arnaud,

Is Event Type > Countries > Year > Month > Link your tree structure in the KML file?

It should be possible in FME to set this I presume.

The Feature Type Name of KML Writer is the Document name displayed in the Google Earth Navigation panel.

If you can post some sample data, I can look into your problem.

Cheers

Happy FME-ing :-)

SRG

Hi SRG,

Yes Event Type > Countries > Year > Month > Link is my KMZ(in fact) structure. I effectively set this structure in FME.

So I have got 9 KMZ (which has the same structure) I would like to merge together in order to have at the end only one KMZ with the same structure.

Do you know if there is a tool to do that in FME? And as I said before I am afraid that this KMZ genrated would be too heavy to handle it in Google Earth..

Have you got an idea?

Thanks for your answer!

Cheers

Arnaud
Arnaud,

Do you need to display all the 9 kmz files in one go.

Have you explored the region option,minimum and maximum display scale in kml file format?

You can also do some geometry thinning/generalisation operation to reduce the file size.

Also you can look at reducing the decimal places for the coordinates.

HTH

Cheers

Happy FME-ing :-)

SRG