Skip to main content

Hello FME experts,

Is there a way to read an Excel table containing file paths (100's of them) and load the data into a workbench?

I would like to open the MapInfo TAB files to know the projection parameters and list them in the spreadsheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Thiru

Ok, figured this out. Being back in an Australian office on Monday morning, I think everyone else in the world is spending their Sunday.

I concatenated the filepaths separated by comma (using Notepad++ program) to make it appear as follows

filepath1, filepath2, filepath3, filepath4

copied this string into Source files box.

I wanted to just read one feature per file and that is enough for me to read the projection information.

Used CoordinateSystemExtractor to extract the _coordsys attribiute.

Written the FileName, Path and _coordsys attributes back to Excel.

Job done.

I wish I could devote more time learning FME's powerful features to make my life easier.

Thanks,

Thiru

Ok, figured this out. Being back in an Australian office on Monday morning, I think everyone else in the world is spending their Sunday.

I concatenated the filepaths separated by comma (using Notepad++ program) to make it appear as follows

filepath1, filepath2, filepath3, filepath4

copied this string into Source files box.

I wanted to just read one feature per file and that is enough for me to read the projection information.

Used CoordinateSystemExtractor to extract the _coordsys attribiute.

Written the FileName, Path and _coordsys attributes back to Excel.

Job done.

I wish I could devote more time learning FME's powerful features to make my life easier.

Thanks,

Thiru

Hi @thiru please check this video https://youtu.be/KXsfYwlOc4Q

@thiru

You can create a dynamic reader (click the icon with the plus sign) on the top folder G:\\ for *Tab files (including any filters you'd needed).

Then in the Navigator panel go to your reader's Parameters=>Advanced=>Features to read yo

Set the "Max features to read per featuretype" = 1