Skip to main content

Hello,

I´m trying to find the way to read DGN v7 file settings -

- What units are set as master and as sub units? Is there any attribute, which is able to identify these units settings?

- Is it possible to detect origin of coordinates of design file? E.g. I have condition that origin of coordinate system of design file have to be set to XXX, YYY.

- I read that FME desing file reader v7 doesnt support file attribute igds_element_view_independent, but desing file v8 does. Why? I´m not DGN file expert, but is it caused by the reason that dgn v7 completely doesnt support view dependent parameter?

Thank You so much!

Lubo

@DaveAtSafe

Thank You, I probably found the answer to my first two questions here: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/849/how-to-extract-and-use-log-information-in-workbenc.html.

But does anybody know about view dependent attribute? I found that the FME DGN reader is finally able to read this attribute even in DGN version v7. I was confused, because in FME help is written support of this attribute only for v8 version, see below:

Thank You so much!

Hi @lazarlubomir,

FME's DGN v7 reader will read v8 files as well as v7, while the DGN v8 reader only reads v8 files. We though this would be simpler for those who weren't sure what version of DGN file they had.

If your source file is v8, the v7 reader will still read all the v8 attributes.

Hi @lazarlubomir,

FME's DGN v7 reader will read v8 files as well as v7, while the DGN v8 reader only reads v8 files. We though this would be simpler for those who weren't sure what version of DGN file they had.

If your source file is v8, the v7 reader will still read all the v8 attributes.

Hello @DaveAtSafe,

thank You for explanation. Now its clear to me :-)