Skip to main content

Hello Team,

We recently upgraded FME Server 2019, and tried create AD group user it was asking for Search Account Password which i am not very clear about it.

Can somebody instruct me how to export AD group users into FME server 2019? Is there any prerequisites to do this activity? What is the process to add AD group user to FME Server.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @nag

I recently did the same. Don`t know much about the AD, but had a screenshare with a very experienced IT-guy so he could help putting the right settings. He also had to do something "backend" for it to work. So if possible I would contact IT directly and let him set up together with you.

Then he can also help setting up the Notification settings and also if possible an account for e-mail so fmeserver can RECEIVE and send e-mail.

Good luck - AD is a bit hassly to setup, but it is worth it for the users NOT to remember a new password and helps onboarding alot!

Hi @nag

I recently did the same. Don`t know much about the AD, but had a screenshare with a very experienced IT-guy so he could help putting the right settings. He also had to do something "backend" for it to work. So if possible I would contact IT directly and let him set up together with you.

Then he can also help setting up the Notification settings and also if possible an account for e-mail so fmeserver can RECEIVE and send e-mail.

Good luck - AD is a bit hassly to setup, but it is worth it for the users NOT to remember a new password and helps onboarding alot!

Thank you very much sigtill for your support.

Hi @nag

Hi @sigtill

Did you get any chance to contact IT guy, Regarding above context.

Hi @sigtill

Did you get any chance to contact IT guy, Regarding above context.

Hi @nag - sorry for being unclear with my text. By writing

"So if possible I would contact IT directly and let him set up together with you. "

I actually ment that you had to contact your IT-directly 😕 - sorry for the confusion.