Skip to main content

Hello,

Iam looking for an Oportunity for IFC-Mapping. After working through a few Tutorials.

Set other Strings in "Names or Descrition" is no Problem. Creating own Property Sets is possible too.

But my Problem is the IfcMaterial Attribute/PropertySet.

I got an IFC File which i can open in "Solibri" and Data "Inspector". It contained the Property layer Set "Material" and Identification Attribute "Material".

After Running the blank Workspace both Attributes disappear.

The AttributeExposer gives me these Opportunities but no progress here.

or are the IFC-Writer settings the key? (Reprentations to Read?) I Want to write in Ifc 2x3.

I hope you can give me a hint :)

Thank you!

Richard

Hi @richardfme, Thanks for posting your question! Unfortunately, the IFC writer currently don't support the writing of material data. We do have a request filed with the development team to add this support. And I've added note there to update you on this Q&A thread when we have added the support.

Thank you for letting us know of your interest!

hi

how did you set Strings in "Name or Descrition" or other explicit attributs (link object type) of an IFC entity/object?

Hi xiaomengatsafe , I would like to know if the IFC writer can support Material Data already. I am trying to convert/export IFC to CSV, and the material data do not appear.

Thank you in advance.

Hi xiaomengatsafe , I would like to know if the IFC writer can support Material Data already. I am trying to convert/export IFC to CSV, and the material data do not appear.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @sinaluna: I looked into the internal ticket that xiamengatsafe mentioned below. There's still no timeline for it. I've added your request to the internal ticket. We'll post any further updates on this thread.