Skip to main content

I generated some 3D tiles data using Cesium 3D tiles writer.

Then shader effect is appeared in all of 3D tiles data.

The Cesium 3D Tiles writer seems to write the shader effect in b3dm data by default.

I would like to remove the effect from those 3D tiles data.

Could you tell the solution?

Hi @bigapplerizzi19,

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a parameter to turn off the shaders in the Cesium 3D Tiles writer at the moment. For the time being, it looks like the only appearance parameters that can be set are color (diffuse, ambient, specular, and emissive), shininess, and alpha (and many other parameters for textures) using an AppearanceStyler and/or AppearanceSetter.

If you would like to see a parameter to control the shader in the Cesium 3D Tiles writer in the future, please suggest it in the Ideas section.

Hi @bigapplerizzi19,

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a parameter to turn off the shaders in the Cesium 3D Tiles writer at the moment. For the time being, it looks like the only appearance parameters that can be set are color (diffuse, ambient, specular, and emissive), shininess, and alpha (and many other parameters for textures) using an AppearanceStyler and/or AppearanceSetter.

If you would like to see a parameter to control the shader in the Cesium 3D Tiles writer in the future, please suggest it in the Ideas section.

Thank you @chrisatsafe.

What are recommended appearance parameters of AppearanceStyler and/or AppearanceSetter to remove the shader?

My 3D Models are textured with image data.

Thank you @chrisatsafe.

What are recommended appearance parameters of AppearanceStyler and/or AppearanceSetter to remove the shader?

My 3D Models are textured with image data.

Hi @bigapplerizzi19,

Sorry for the confusion, currently there is no parameter or transformer that allows you to adjust the shader of 3D Tiles.

Rather the AppearanceStyler creates an appearance style that can later be applied to a surface and the AppearanceSetter Sets appearance style(s) onto the front and/or back sides of geometries as per the documentation. You can also learn more about how the AppearanceSetter/Styler work in the Add Appearances to a 3D City Model article.