Skip to main content

Hi,

I have created a graphic ORACLE table from a CSV file. The CSV file contains the coordinates X and Y to create points. Now the ORACLE table contains the points but the graphic column contains null values.

It seems that I must :

1. Check the types of geometry it is passing to writer (i.e. line / point) , but how to do what ?

2. Define the parameter " oracle_type " with an attribute creator, but which value "point" or "oracle_point" or "SDO_point" ?

Thanks you for yours answers

Dis you use the "Oracle Spatial Objects" writer. It seems you are using the "Oracle Non-Spatial" writer and hat one does not write the Spatial (geometry) column to Oracle.

Yes I have used the "Oracle Spatial Objects" writer and I have indicated the name of the Spatial (geometry) column (=> GEOM)

How did you read the X and Y columns in the CSV reader. If you add the CSV reader you can change the type for X and Y to coordinates as shown in the image:

That will create the point geometry.

How did you read the X and Y columns in the CSV reader. If you add the CSV reader you can change the type for X and Y to coordinates as shown in the image:

That will create the point geometry.

I have used the "2dpointreplacer" and "CoordinateSystemSetter" transformers to do that. I have not used the type for X_coordonate and Y_coordonate to coordinate.

I have used the "2dpointreplacer" and "CoordinateSystemSetter" transformers to do that. I have not used the type for X_coordonate and Y_coordonate to coordinate.

If you redirect your output (writers menu) to the inspector, what is the value of the fme_type (should be fme_point) attribute, and do you see any attributes starting with oracle_ ?

for the first question the value of the fme_type (fme_point) attribute i can't answer you, it is the wee-end. for the second question yes I see the diferents lines and the others attributes but the Spatial (geometry) column is null

for the first question the value of the fme_type (fme_point) attribute i can't answer you, it is the wee-end. for the second question yes I see the diferents lines and the others attributes but the Spatial (geometry) column is null

DO you read any data from an Oracle table in this workspace (for example an ID from a sequence in a SQLExecutor or additional attributes from a non spatial Oracle table)? Because that would lead to an attribute oracle_geometry with value oracle_nil and that would explain why the geometry is not written. If so, use the BulkAttributeRemover with these settings:

Yes I can read any data from an Oracle table in this workspace. (oracle spatial table or not oracle spatial table). So I will test the BulkAttributeRemover transformer to resolve my problem. Thanks you for your help

I found the solution this morning. In the output parameters there is a parameter named "Allowed Geometries" but it is fixed to "All" and I can't change it.

The solution is to create an attribute named "oracle_type" and to define this parameter with "oracle_point" value. And to expose the ORACLE output parameter named "oracle_type".