Skip to main content

I have the following MongoDB Atlas cluster, hosted at Google Cloud, to which I'd like to connect in FME Workbench.

clusterFME should be capable of connecting but I did not find the right settings yet to do so.

In my Node.js Express app I'm using a connection string which includes the username and password as well as the database. In FME these are separate fields.

The connection string looks like so:

stringIn FME I think this translates to this, but it does not work for me. And what do I fill in for authentication database name?database connection 

I'm stuck at the following error message:

error 

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Hello @rob_braggaar​, what version of FME Worbench are you using? Would you mind trying this in the latest release of 2021, or even the last release of 2020.2? Best, Kailin.

I'm using FME Workbench 2021.1. Expand the post to see the log results attached.

fme mongoThis is what happens when I test the connection:

MONGODB reader: Cannot connect: no unix socket support on windows
MONGODB reader: Failed to open the dataset 'MongoDB:'. Please ensure source data is valid and correct reader is selected
MONGODB reader: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
Failed to read schema features from dataset 'cluster0.xpnrd.gcp.mongodb.net/lets-production' using the 'MONGODB' reader
MONGODB reader: Cannot connect: no unix socket support on windows
MONGODB reader: Failed to open the dataset 'MongoDB:'. Please ensure source data is valid and correct reader is selected
MONGODB reader: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
Failed to read schema features from dataset 'cluster0.xpnrd.gcp.mongodb.net/lets-production' using the 'MONGODB' reader

@kailinatsafe​ could you confirm those settings should be compatible with FME Workbench? Thanks in advance.