Skip to main content

In a previous question I asked how to translate a custom line style from one Microstation file to another and the answer was add the lines with the custom styles to the seed file save it delete the lines and don't compress. It worked brilliantly. Now I need to translate from Smallworld into Microstation and have a chain that I am translating from Smallworld use a custom line style in Microstation. I tried using the same seed file as before and the same methodology or at least as close as I could when creating the fmw file and it did not work.

I guess the question is, can I create a line in Microstation using a custom line style from a Smallworld chain object? and if so how?

Any help would be appretiated

Thanks

Robyn

You need to do two things:

Add the custom line style to the SEED file (you did this part).

Define the custom line style on the object (line) before writing.

This is described in this article: Custom line styles

Thanks for the information. I did everything that the document suggested, however it still did not work. I am guessing that it is how I am setting the igds_style in the workspace.

Thanks for the information. I did everything that the document suggested, however it still did not work. I am guessing that it is how I am setting the igds_style in the workspace. 

0684Q00000ArKeRQAV.png

Not sure but can  it be that you are using the wrong value? (positive value)

"There is also an 
igds_style
 attribute that stores custom line style name ID (negative integer)."

Thank you so much for the input. I had tried the negative but it did not seem to work, however while using the inspector I noticed that the igds_style_name and the igds_style(32 t integer) were different. The integer has a negative and the number was not the same as the style number. I tried the integer number and it worked. I also looked at line styles that were names and the integer number was the one I needed to use. So THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Thank you so much for the input. I had tried the negative but it did not seem to work, however while using the inspector I noticed that the igds_style_name and the igds_style(32 t integer) were different. The integer has a negative and the number was not the same as the style number. I tried the integer number and it worked. I also looked at line styles that were names and the integer number was the one I needed to use. So THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Glad I could help.