Skip to main content

I am trying to write a value to a column in an excel sheet called NEWCOUNT based on feature names located in the column LAYER. I was previously using an old writer (xls_ADO) which allowed the use of SQL but since that is no longer offered, I must use the xlsx writer. How can I use the writer's formatting parameters to do this?

Hi @mbuske

could you please give us an example? E.g. what value would you like to have in the second row NEWCOUNT cell?

NEWCOUNT represents the new the number of records that a feature has in a .gdb. So for example, TERM_DET has 1371 records this month, and next month it may have 1374. I need to update the NEWCOUNT of TERM_DET each month. The position of NEWCOUNT will change because I add a new column for a new month.

create new datecolumn and set to the new newcount attribute.

sort columns with datenames using attribute manager.

send to writer

NEWCOUNT represents the new the number of records that a feature has in a .gdb. So for example, TERM_DET has 1371 records this month, and next month it may have 1374. I need to update the NEWCOUNT of TERM_DET each month. The position of NEWCOUNT will change because I add a new column for a new month.

If you have NEWCOUNT attribute on your feature, Excel Writer will write the value into the right column.

I use a Feature Writer to write to a geodatabase and then to keep a record of the number of features created, I used the Summary Attributes functionality within Feature Writer and then a Date Time Stamper to write to a new row in an Excel sheet, which stores the date the process was run and the count of features created. The Excel sheet has a field for the TimeStamp and the Total Features Written.