Skip to main content

I have a lot of .fmw files with Oracle readers pointing to sources outside my control. Sometimes, the names of the tables I'm reading from will change, or they'll get dropped, or my credentials will lose permission to them. When this happens, FME just reads 0 features, and says the translation was successful.

How can I make FME output an error instead when this case happens?

Hello @yola ,

In regards to the table not being found, this is a known issue in terms of FME not returning a warning or an error(workspace will continue successfully without a warning/error). In regards to if a permissions error is present, I believe FME will output an error. The PR for the Non-existent table error is PR79930. I will update this posting with updates or fixes related to this issue.

Hello @yola ,

In regards to the table not being found, this is a known issue in terms of FME not returning a warning or an error(workspace will continue successfully without a warning/error). In regards to if a permissions error is present, I believe FME will output an error. The PR for the Non-existent table error is PR79930. I will update this posting with updates or fixes related to this issue.

Thanks, looking forward to it