Question

How can i change the unit of an IFC file to meter

• 2 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi there,

I have a question about the unit of coordinate in the iFC file, which i wanna clippe with another solid. The coordinates are 1000 times bigger, and the clipper could thus not find overlaps.

How can I adjust the coordinate value: using the expression evaluator, and divide all the coordinates with the value 1000? if tho,

How can I access all my coordinates because I could not find an attribute that enables that? I also tried the coordinate extractor but it is only another copy of the coordinate values, which doesn't update the geometry coordinate value in the IFC .

If anything i understand it wrong pls point it out!

thanks in advance

Fang

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

to scale you can use the transformer Scaler.

Badge

Hello

You're on the right track! Using the expression evaluator to divide the coordinates by 1000 should help align the units. To access and update the geometry coordinates, consider using a coordinate updater tool, if available. If you encounter further difficulties, please provide more details about the software you're using for a more precise solution. Refer this : Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certification

Hope it helps you.

Thank you.

Hello

You're on the right track! Using the expression evaluator to divide the coordinates by 1000 should help align the units. To access and update the geometry coordinates, consider using a coordinate updater tool, if available. If you encounter further difficulties, please provide more details about the software you're using for a more precise solution. Refer this : Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certification

Hope it helps you.

Thank you.

Thank you, I appreciate you. So, I was looking for the solution online and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer my problem is solved and it is working fine now. I also like to help you. If you are anyone over here who is searching for an essay writing service then you can look at letsgradeit website because this website explains essay writing services and you can read reviews and also can compare them with other essay writing services.

To change the unit of an IFC file to meters, you'll typically need to access the settings or preferences within your specific software or platform. Look for an option related to units of measurement, where you can switch from the default setting to meters. Keep in mind that this process might vary depending on the software you're using, so consulting the user manual or seeking guidance from online forums specific to your software could be beneficial. Additionally, if you're pressed for time due to academic commitments, you might consider utilizing custom sociology essay writing services https://essaypro.com/sociology-essay-writing-service to manage your workload effectively. These services can provide expertly crafted essays tailored to your specific needs.

Badge +4

Hi @fdh12316​ if you already know the original unit then you should use the Scaler transformer. https://engage.safe.com/transformers/scaler/

Thank you, I appreciate you. So, I was looking for the solution online and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer my problem is solved and it is working fine now. I also like to help you. If you are anyone over here who is searching for an essay writing service then you can look at letsgradeit website because this website explains essay writing services and you can read reviews and also can compare them with other essay writing services.

Ensuring originality is paramount in academic and professional endeavors, and this plagiarism check https://plagiarismcheck.org/ tool is a game-changer. Its user-friendly interface and comprehensive scanning capabilities make it an indispensable resource for students, researchers, and content creators. With real-time analysis, it provides a quick and accurate assessment of content authenticity, promoting academic integrity and safeguarding against unintentional plagiarism. The detailed reports not only highlight potential issues but also offer valuable insights to enhance writing skills. In a world where originality is celebrated, this tool is a reliable ally in maintaining the highest standards of work, fostering a culture of trust and excellence.

Badge

same question here. thanks for sharing.