Skip to main content

Hi guy’s

A workbench that worked before gives me some crazy errors that’s driving me nuts.

I used the workbench before and it worked normally. 

It has to write some geotif tiles with deflate compression. No matter what I do, I always get errors about me using jpeg compression. I tried everything. Clearing cache, deleting cache manually, restarting pc, copying everything in new FME file, updating all the transformers, making a new wb, try running it on another pc with more recent version of FME...

I had a similar question in the past and than the solution was to use a bulkattributeremover with ‘geotif_’. 

This doesn’t work either. 

This is the wb, it’s just shapefiles and geotifs as import:

Any one with ideas?

Can you post a screenshot of how the GeoTiff writer is set up?

Like this:

Okay, that’s clearly set to DEFLATE, which makes me wonder why you’re seeing errors about JPG compression. Maybe you should send this in to Safe’s support?

I recently had an oddly similar issue with an old workspace which I started running in FME 2023 - I’m not sure if you upgraded from 2021 or earlyer since the last time you used it? For me the issue was related somehow to band selection. I was trying to output a JPEG but fot some reason the RasterMosaicker was only working on the Alpha band and i ended up with just rubbish. I had to move a few things around until it was working properly. I think I had used a RasterSelector followed by a RasterBandRemover. Indeed there is a comment in the RasterSelector doc about a change in FME 2021.1: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-Transformers/Transformers/rasterselector.htm perhpas somehow this change has broken your workspace. could just be a coincidence though.

My gut still says that somehow there are still some attributes coming from the input even though you are removing these. 

I guess I would want to know if the input Geotiffs did actually use jpeg compression, it could be for some reason the BulkAttributeRemovers aren’t working - or at least somehow are still getting used. 

I’m working in FME 2022.

I was lucky that the tiles that I wanted to make were not on the municipality border.

So they were full rectangle tiles and I didn’t needed the alpha band. So I could use the jpeg compression to make the tiles by selecting the first three bands and then only keeping these three.

So stupid, I got a whole data set and 6 tiles are different because of this… Not good for my OCD.

I just don’t like it when things aren’t logical anymore. 

I’ll update to a newer version, but as I said I ran it on FME 2023.

Thanks for the tips guys. 

I’ll try to do a follow up if I get it working again.