Skip to main content

I am creating a workbench to be uploaded to FME Server. As part of the workbench I want the user to be able to upload their own shapefile (Any shapefile, no restrictions.). How do I setup the user parameters to allow this to happen?

Thanks for any help.

B

There's a great article / tutorial here:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/709/data-upload-with-fme-server-tutorial.html

I had a look at this article/tutorial but when I go to run the workspace I get an error -

During translation, some features were read that did not match a reader feature type in the workspace. This can happen if the reader dataset is changed, or a reader feature type removed or renamed.

The workspace will only successfully run if I use the exact data set specified when the initial reader was created?

If the uploaded dataset won't necessarily match the dataset you used for development, you should probably switch to a dynamic reader.

The first thing to try would be to recreate the reader as a singled merged feature type:

If the uploaded dataset won't necessarily match the dataset you used for development, you should probably switch to a dynamic reader.

The first thing to try would be to recreate the reader as a singled merged feature type:

That was the problem, very good. Thanks for the help.