Skip to main content

I have FME v2024 with a Floating License. I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed. I am almost out of space on my disk where my "Temp" folder is located.

The persistent problem I have with FME is that every time I try to open an XML file, although I do have the reader for it, I consistently get the same 6 errors. I have tried opening other files and there is no problem with those, only with XML files.

[1]: HTTP transfer error: Timeout was reached
[2]: Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up
[3]: No proxy settings have been entered. If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered.
[4]:Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'CITYGML' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information
[5]:Workspace generation failed. Parameter file was C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Temp\FME_1717067304960_7084.
Login failed (Connection Error) - Unable to connect to FME Flow.
[6]:Login failed (Connection Error) - Unable to connect to FME Flow.

I checked with a colleague who has the same program/license installed, and he doesn't have this issue. I have tried different solutions found on the web, checked the license, the proxy, the reader availability. I verified that the xmls were not corrupted. None of these seemed to be the problem. I wanted to change the environmental variables of the computer, but I only have access (permission) for my user.

I already checked through the FME support webpage, but nothing could help me.

Any hints that lead me to the source of the problem would be highly appreciated.

Are you downloading the file from an online source? The first messages seem to indicate a timeout, which means you may end up with an incomplete file.

No, I have it saved directly on my C Disk. The xml are error-proof. I hava also tried with really easy xml and the result is the same.

I have tried to Set the reader´s parameters defining and application schema but I can´t find one.  I am using XML and OCG GMEL (Geography Markup Language)

Could it be that it’s trying to read the schema definitions (referenced in the XML header) from their respective url’s and then failing to download to your temp folder because of lack of disk space?

I also thought so, however, this problem only occurs with xml. The rest of archives are loaded into the software under the same space-circumstances without a problem.

No, I have it saved directly on my C Disk. The xml are error-proof. I hava also tried with really easy xml and the result is the same.

The log says it can’t connect to FME Flow. Are you reading something else from the Data folder of an FME Flow instance?

I have two local disks  C and D. I have tried import them from C and D in both cases it gives me the exactly 6 errors. My license is a floating one, I have checked the Firewall and the proxy and everything seems to be in order.

The proxy I was checking was direct by Windows internet options. The solution was to go to Main Menu/Tools/FME Options

There select the Network Proxy and to select the option “USE SYSTEM PROXY SETTINGS”