Skip to main content

When running in FME Desktop 2016.1 using both 32-bit / 64-bit versions. I'm encountering this error while writing to the ArcGIS Portal Feature Service. The same error is found when deployed to FME Server. After being able to connect to the portal and while the writer is requesting the metadata, it encounters this error.

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Requesting metadata for layer/table 2 of Feature Service at <Portal Service URL>

Python Exception <KeyError>: 'hasZ'

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

This does not happen in FME Desktop 2017.

Have you found a solution to this problem?

Have you found a solution to this problem?

Hi @dtvladsilviu, Are you seeing the same error as well? Which version of FME are you using? In investigating azajarc's original report, we found that upgrading to FME 2017 and later seems to correct this error. If you are still seeing this problem in our latest FME 2018, please report it via this form. Thank you!

Hi @dtvladsilviu, Are you seeing the same error as well? Which version of FME are you using? In investigating azajarc's original report, we found that upgrading to FME 2017 and later seems to correct this error. If you are still seeing this problem in our latest FME 2018, please report it via this form. Thank you!

Hello!

We are actually using Data Interoperability for ArcGIS 10.5.1. Using their software doesn't allow me to update, at least not that i know of.

Hello!

We are actually using Data Interoperability for ArcGIS 10.5.1. Using their software doesn't allow me to update, at least not that i know of.

Hi @dtvladsilviu,

Data Interoperability in ArcGIS 10.5.1 should be similar to FME 2016.1.3. So it makes sense that you are seeing similar behavior as FME 2016. I think if you could upgrade ArcGIS to 10.6 or higher, or ArcGIS Pro 2.2, you should see the error corrected. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other way to solve this problem.