Skip to main content

Hello,

I am curious to know if the Scheduled Instance on FME Cloud would terminate a non completed job in FME Server.

In this theoretical scenario I would schedule the FME Cloud Instance to be activated let's say at 10 a.m every day and that the FME Server Job would run at 10:15 every day. Under normal circumstances it would take 30 minutes to run the job and my FME Cloud Instance will be deactivated at 11 a.m . But what would happen if the FME Server Scheduled Job one day takes 1h 30 m to run, would FME Cloud Scheduled Instance wait for the job to complete?

Thank you.

Lyes

Last time I checked the instance scheduling shuts down the server at that time, regardless of whether or not a job is running.

I'd very much doubt it because you're effectively turning off the machine and that action will overide all others. The good news is that it will only take you 1 hour to test if this is definately the case!

Hi @gisinnovationsb

The FME Cloud schedule that will stop the instance won't wait for any jobs to complete as @1spatialdave & @redgeographics already pointed out correctly. However, the job will be resubmitted once the instance starts up again.

If you are in doubt that your jobs complete in time and you don't want the job to be resubmitted, next time the instance starts up, you could modify your FME Cloud schedule to only start the instance and handle the shutdown of the instance with a scheduled FME Server job. The job would run at the time you want to shutdown the instance and call the FME Server REST API to check if there are any jobs running. If there is a job still running you can schedule the job to run again in an hour (again with the FME Server REST API) and if there is no job running you stop the instance with a request to the FME Cloud REST API. A couple of HTTPCallers, a Tester and you should be ready to go!