Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm using a FeatureWriter to export a bunch of data from an SDE Geodatabase to Shapefile format. The final product is not including the .sbn and .sbx files. Is there a way the FeatureWriter can include those files, or some other Transformer I can use??

Thanks,

Hi @bbulla,

To create spatial index files (.sbn and .sbx), please set the Create Spatial Index parameter in the Shapefile writer to ArcGIS Compatible Spatial Index (.sbn) .

Hi @bbulla,

To create spatial index files (.sbn and .sbx), please set the Create Spatial Index parameter in the Shapefile writer to ArcGIS Compatible Spatial Index (.sbn) .

Hi @debbiatsafe,

So is there not an alternate solution to this? I am currently using the FeatureWriter since it allows me to write all of my shapefiles with a much simpler design. With the ShapefileWriter, it can only handle one object at a time....from what I can tell at least.

Here is my design:

Is there a way to get the FeatureWriter to add the SpatialIndex, or is there a Transformer that will create just the spatial index??

Thanks,

Actually, i finally found it! In the FeatureWriter there is a 'Parameters' button, with the option for Spatial Index there.

Thanks!!