Skip to main content

Hi!

I have many workbenchs to manage and I would like to find a way to create a table linking the workbench name with the output writers of each workbench. The goal is to find which workbench generates which table(s). My idea is to add a custom transformer to all my workbench. The information I would like to have is :

• name of the workbench
  • directory of the workbench
  • writer information (table name, table qualifier and writer)

With ParameterFetcher, more specifically, the FME_MF_DIR and FME_MF_NAME parameters, I can get the information about the the name of the workbench and directory. But I cannot find a way to extract the information of the writers. All the writers I have are in a postgis format.

I would prefer not to use Python if possible. I’m sure there’s a way to extract the information since it appears in the log, I just don’t know how to get to it!

Thank you 😀 !

Hi @laplanter 

May be a FME Workspace (FMW) Reader can help you here.

Jasper

Since I just wanted to add this to many workbenchs and I didn’t want to do anything else manually, I used a creator, followed by a parameterfetcher to get the directory and the name of the workbench and I put them as the initator for the FeatureReader. With tbe FME Workspace Reader, more specificly the WriterFeatureTypes feature, I am able to get the table name and qualifier.