Skip to main content

In 2016.1 I use a "Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service" Reader and login successfully, however when I browse the Feature Services, it does not show the externally-shared services/layers that I need.

I can confirm the data is visible in AGOL and accessible via REST using Postman.

Is there a possible syntax for the "Feature Service" box I could use? I tried [Feature Layer Name] and [Group Name]\\[Feature Layer Name] without success. Otherwise I guess I'll have cut-over to raw REST/JSON.

I see you already tried the REST address. In that case you could use the ArcGIS Server Feature Service Reader to fetch the data.

In case you don't know the REST address, you can go to the item details page of the service and you'll find the details in the lower right corner.

I see you already tried the REST address. In that case you could use the ArcGIS Server Feature Service Reader to fetch the data.

In case you don't know the REST address, you can go to the item details page of the service and you'll find the details in the lower right corner.

Hi Lars - already tried that - the "browse" button doesn't show me the layer I need, yet I can see it in AGOL and query it via REST.

Something to do with External Sharing: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/uncategorized/sharing-content-privately-between-organizations/

Interesting the specific AGOL instance admin can't see this content.

Only the person to whom it was shared-with can - and this is who I'm logging-in as.

Update: this works in 2018.1 - seems 2016.1.1 doesn't handle externally-shared AGOL layers.