Skip to main content

Hello,

I have some cell references in one spreadsheet, eg 'F4', what I need to do it extract the value of that cell from another spreadsheet.

I know that you can expose the xlsx row id, but I cant see a way of getting the column id/number. Any suggestions would be welcome.

If not is can I create one by using a schema reader?

Thanks,

Owen

The Excel Column ID (e.g. A, B, C) will be used as attribute name if you create the reader without using the field names on the first row.

If field names are available on the first row you can start reading at the second row (skip 1).

Then use the xlsx_row_id for the row and the attribute name for the column.

Hope this helps.

The Excel Column ID (e.g. A, B, C) will be used as attribute name if you create the reader without using the field names on the first row.

If field names are available on the first row you can start reading at the second row (skip 1).

Then use the xlsx_row_id for the row and the attribute name for the column.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Erik, that will do it. I suppose I was hoping to get the attribute name as well

Hi @owen

I would try using FeatureReader to read your data and its schema with the header first and then another FeatureReader to read schema only without the header (this would give you the column IDs). Then, the two schema definitions can be merged using FeatureMerger. The last step (if necessary) would be to merge the extended schema definition with the features.

Please take a look at the attached workspace.

Possibly the NumToAlphaConverter from FME Hub in conjunction with the Schema (Any Format) Reader might help you.