Skip to main content

if i rightclick on my excel and look at the Properties i need that date.

How can i extract that date so i can work with it?

(Origin --> Last save)

Hi @fluusha

You can access this information the Reader Directory and File Pathnames

This format enable a lot of informations from the Source.

Thanks,

Danilo

You can access this data using a Directory and Fie Pathnames Reader and ensuring Retrieve file properties is set to Yes. The value you are looking for is stored in an attribute called path_modified_date

You can access this data using a Directory and Fie Pathnames Reader and ensuring Retrieve file properties is set to Yes. The value you are looking for is stored in an attribute called path_modified_date

i saw this solution on the internet but i dont get the right date:

the marked one is the excel i want. and here you can see its the 03.17 and on the picture of my question its the 03.16 so the wrong date i thought

@fluusha FME does not return the Excel file property metadata. As suggested by @danilo_fme and @ebygomm the file properties are as close as FME can get you. You might be able to access file properties through powershell

i saw this solution on the internet but i dont get the right date:

the marked one is the excel i want. and here you can see its the 03.17 and on the picture of my question its the 03.16 so the wrong date i thought

Do your excel properties still refer to the 16.03 date? The path_modified_date aligns to the value shown in "Date last saved" in the excel details for me. Does the date in the details match the modified date under the General/Allgemein tab?

Do you use sharepoint? I think these two dates can end up not being the same depending how some documents are accessed

@fluusha FME does not return the Excel file property metadata. As suggested by @danilo_fme and @ebygomm the file properties are as close as FME can get you. You might be able to access file properties through powershell

Some of the metadata is accessible with python by unzipping and reading the docProps/core.xml file

I've used this to access some of the data shown in details previously, but unsure whether the dates within this document align to the last modified or the last saved date (all the documents i've looked at, this data has been the same)

Hi @fluusha were you able to find a resolution to this issue?