Skip to main content

I am writing Data with the Excel Writer to a Excel Template.

In this template I have defined Named Ranges. These ranges only consist of 1 Cell (e.g. PrjNr =Schachtblatt!$G$5)

The Problem is that FME writes to the Cell G6 (one cell below my named range)

Has anybody a solution for this Problem ?

Thanks

Hans

Hi @hansgm ,

Please, see this link Template Excel And tell me if is good your problem.

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @hansgm, are you truncating on write? This article details more on how to write using a template file.

Hi @hansgm ,

Please, see this link Template Excel And tell me if is good your problem.

Thanks,

Danilo

@danilo_inovacao

Thanks for answering but that's not what my Problem is.

Hi @hansgm, are you truncating on write? This article details more on how to write using a template file.

Thanks for the tip!

I changed to "truncating existing named ranges = yes" and the data is now written to the correct named ranges.

But now all the formatting of the cells is deleted!

Is there a option to keep the formatting too ?

Thanks

Hans

So it is correct behaviour that if Truncate Named Range is set to yes, the output is written out one row below the named range?

I don't want to truncate as this loses the formatting in the first cell written, I guess I could put my named ranges one row above where I want the data to start writing but this doesn't seem very logical.

For my workflow, I cannot style in the writer so need to use template files to define the styles needed

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/85729/excel-formattingstyling-with-dynamic-schema-defini.html

So it is correct behaviour that if Truncate Named Range is set to yes, the output is written out one row below the named range?

I don't want to truncate as this loses the formatting in the first cell written, I guess I could put my named ranges one row above where I want the data to start writing but this doesn't seem very logical.

For my workflow, I cannot style in the writer so need to use template files to define the styles needed

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/85729/excel-formattingstyling-with-dynamic-schema-defini.html

Hi @egomm! In my experience, if you set the Truncate Name Range parameter to Yes, it should replace the data in the existing named range (i.e. the existing named range begins on cell A1, it should clear the existing data in the named range and start writing at A1). Are you experiencing something different?

Feel free to share your workspace (.fmwt would be great, Save as Template) to better help us understand what's happening with your styling.