Skip to main content

Here's a tricky one. We're using an excel marcro-enabled (xlsm) file as a template and in the script we're populating it with various info from textfiles and more. When we try to open the resulting Excel file with Excel (2016) the file doesn't open. We're getting an error message saying there's something wrong with the file and would you like to try to fix the errors? The offered fix isn't good enough.

I'm thinking this might have to do with the xlsm-format or maybe it's a language issue. We've had help from SAFE resaving the file and then this would sometimes remedy the situation.

Anyways, this is just to check if anybody has encountered the same problem and have any ideas as to what in the excel template can cause this error. We have macros in the file and from what I can gather no other strange things.

Thankful for any suggestions.

Hi @peteralstorp,

I'm pleased to let you know that a recent Excel Library update to FME has resolved this issue. You can find the latest FME 2018 beta here

Thanks, Andrea! I'm sure this works. Will try it as soon as our environment is updated. Thanks for all your help.