Skip to main content

I'm have the following error:

An error occurred while attempting to open an insert cursor on the table 'SurveyedGeneralLawn'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216556'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Objects in this class cannot be updated outside an edit session [GisGeoDbMaint.ASSET.SurveyedGeneralLawn]}

It seems to be with a relationship class with attachment TABLE. When i remove the relationship it work fine. I only want to insert records into the feature class and the attachment table. I using an Arcpy truncate function as a startup script.

I've looked at previous post regarding this matter, but it don't seem to work for me.

Using FME 2014 - SP4

Rudy

Hi,

In the parameters of the writer in navigator, select 'Edit session" instead of "Transactions" in "Transaction Type" as shown in the screenshot below...

Please check whether geodatabase is locked by other application or not as well if so then close that application as well.

Pratap

That option is not available in my version of FME desktop.

I've over 100 scripts that truncate and append Geodatabases(none of them are versioned), everything works fine, it is only with Relationship class with ATTTACHMENTS, FME Fails

I've tried - VERSIONING option - also doe s not work, because the dataset is not versioned, and don't need to be, because a few other Feature Classes in this dataset works fine (with truncate and insert)

Which version are you using?

I have also experienced this when the feature class I am trying to insert records to participates in a topology. Even when I set the Transaction Type to 'Edit Session', ArcObject throws the error in question BUT if I remove the topology and then run the script: presto! The data loads fine. I re-add the topology with the same rules afterward and validate it.

It seems that ArcObjects objects to (ha! I mean 'complains about') any kind of relationship, not just relationship tables.

This is now solved with the new transaction type on the writer Non-versioned Edit Session

using 2016.1

Which version are you using?

I am having this problem, even though I set the Transaction Type to both non-version edit session and versioned edit session (it is not a versioned database, however).

My FME is 20161.2, build 16664 and my geodatabase is SQL Server 2016. The feature class participates in a geometric network, and when I removed it from the network I was able to insert with Transaction Type: Transactions. However, eventually it needs to be part of the geometric network.

Has there been any more work done on this issue by Safe?

Same problem here. Ik want to update features in a fgdb and have opted for 'edit session'on the writer, but still get the message that data cannot be updated outside an edit session. Once I remove the relationship in ArcGIS pro, writing does work suddenly.

Same problem here. Ik want to update features in a fgdb and have opted for 'edit session'on the writer, but still get the message that data cannot be updated outside an edit session. Once I remove the relationship in ArcGIS pro, writing does work suddenly.

Hi @boerss​ 

I write a lot to GeoDatabase with attachment, you cannot select edit session, if the Dataset is not versioned. Use non-versioned edit session. But I will it a check into FileGeoDb - as we don't use that a lot - maybe a few times a year. Only GeoDatabase

Rudy