Skip to main content

Hi,

I´m trying to convert data from a ArcGIS filegeodb to AutoCAD DWG. In the proces I´m getting the following error which says absolutly nothing to me. Does anybody have an idea on where the problem could be?

AutoCAD Writer: An error occurred for dataset 'C:\\Temp\\RF2017\\RFgrundkort2017.dwg', in function AutoCAD2004Writer::writeInsertAttribute. Exception thrown: 'Invalid input' (Invalid input)

Thanks

Christian

Hi Christian,

I've been reported the same error. Have you found any solution since then?

Thanks,

Francisco

I was having the same error when converting from a point layer, using the DWGStyler with a template to convert to a block before FeatureWriting it out.

In the DWGStyler I had in the Block Name: "Ex Sanitary Manhole" when it should have been "Ex Sanitary Manhole " with a space at the end before writing it to "V-SSWR-STRC".

I was having the same error when converting from a point layer, using the DWGStyler with a template to convert to a block before FeatureWriting it out.

In the DWGStyler I had in the Block Name: "Ex Sanitary Manhole" when it should have been "Ex Sanitary Manhole " with a space at the end before writing it to "V-SSWR-STRC".

Hi @dmerrick - glad to hear you were able to resolve the error you received.

Do you know if the template DWG file had the Block Name with a space at the end? Or did you have to add the space even though the block name (in the template file) did not have a space at the end?

Just want to be sure this isn't a bug with the DWGStyler 🙂

- Andrea

Hi @dmerrick - glad to hear you were able to resolve the error you received.

Do you know if the template DWG file had the Block Name with a space at the end? Or did you have to add the space even though the block name (in the template file) did not have a space at the end?

Just want to be sure this isn't a bug with the DWGStyler 🙂

- Andrea

@AndreaAtSafe, I was mistaken about my error and having a space at the end of the block name. Further examination showed I was missing a couple "shx." files. I manually copied them into the same folder that the template resides in but still have the same template block issue of it not being recognized.

@AndreaAtSafe, I was mistaken about my error and having a space at the end of the block name. Further examination showed I was missing a couple "shx." files. I manually copied them into the same folder that the template resides in but still have the same template block issue of it not being recognized.

@dmerrick

It sounds like you are still encountering a problem.

I think it might be best to post this as a new question on the Q+A board: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/index.html

In your new post, sharing a few more details will help the FME community help you, if you could provide additional details including:
  • A clear statement of the problem you are trying to resolve
  • The version of FME you are using, including build number and edition
  • A small sample of your data, or screenshots of the data in the FME Data Inspector
  • A description of your expected output, with screenshots if possible
  • Your FME workspace
  • Your FME translation log file
  • Any other information that may be useful to share

Same error but for me the issue was not all template files being in AutoCad version 2013