Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a DWG file containing wells, trees, mast etc. They are symbolized using points but my users would like if it would be possible to use symbols instead of points. How can I do that? Thanks! Christian

The transformer DWGSTyler will allow you to define BLOCKS for point objects.

You will need a template file containing the block definitions and then you can pick the block by name from the template.

Assuming each point has some sort of differentiation within the data to discern the difference, such as an ID, a classification type, or even a colour, then you'll be able to filter off each feature by type. Wells go one way and trees go another etc...

Once filtered you can either send the features to a different DWGStyler each and apply some AutoCAD 'Blocks' that one of your colleagues might be able to prepare for you and save into a template file... like this:

Or alternatively you could set the DWG block attributes yourself with an AttributeCreator, autocad_block_name for instance.

Or if you are a bit more advanced then using the SchemaMapper and looking up the styles from a spreadsheet you've designed is also a very useful approach.

Good luck.

Assuming each point has some sort of differentiation within the data to discern the difference, such as an ID, a classification type, or even a colour, then you'll be able to filter off each feature by type. Wells go one way and trees go another etc...

Once filtered you can either send the features to a different DWGStyler each and apply some AutoCAD 'Blocks' that one of your colleagues might be able to prepare for you and save into a template file... like this:

Or alternatively you could set the DWG block attributes yourself with an AttributeCreator, autocad_block_name for instance.

Or if you are a bit more advanced then using the SchemaMapper and looking up the styles from a spreadsheet you've designed is also a very useful approach.

Good luck.

How about that, two almost identical answers, posted at almost the same time from different continents... The power of the interweb :0)

How about that, two almost identical answers, posted at almost the same time from different continents... The power of the interweb :0)

If was a little faster, but only because I did not take time to fill in the blanks.

If was a little faster, but only because I did not take time to fill in the blanks.

So if two great answers come in at the same time, how can the moderator pick a "best answer"????

So if two great answers come in at the same time, how can the moderator pick a "best answer"????

Very carefully!