Skip to main content

Hi,

I am encountering issues with downloading data via an HTTP call, sometimes it get's downloaded and sometimes not.

The error reported is:

2016-08-12 16:46:58| 0.8| 0.0|INFORM|Feature Type: `HTTPCaller__Rejected__LOGGED'
2016-08-12 16:46:58| 0.8| 0.0|INFORM|Attribute(string) : `_error' has value `Couldn't connect to server'
2016-08-12 16:46:58| 0.8| 0.0|INFORM|Attribute(string) : `_http_status_code' has value `'

I was wondering if anybody has any ideas or better yet tools to verify why is this happening.

I suspect this is due to network connection, but I would like to verify it in someway.

Any help is appreciated.

Itay

Have you got debug logging turned on in FME Options? (Tools > FME Options > Translation > Log Debug)

There was a lot of discussion about what a HTTPCaller should log, and much of it was set to only appear when that option is turned on.

I'm hoping that will give you more information and why this is happening.

Have you got debug logging turned on in FME Options? (Tools > FME Options > Translation > Log Debug)

There was a lot of discussion about what a HTTPCaller should log, and much of it was set to only appear when that option is turned on.

I'm hoping that will give you more information and why this is happening.

Hi @Mark2AtSafe, thanks for the info, why didnt I think of it myself! will try and see if it provides meaningful info.

Seems like the port used where closed on the machine where the download was taking place, after opening them is the issue resolved.