Question

Does FME 2024.0 Support Esri's New Big Integer Field Types When Creating New Dynamic Feature Classes?

• 9 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +13

I have been using Dynamic writers to create feature classes and tables in an Esri File Geodatabase for years. I normally use the FME field type “fme_int32” to create Long Integer field types. However, I need to create attributes using Esri’s new ‘Big Integer’ field type. I assumed I could use “fme_int64” but when I run my workspace in FME 2024.0, it runs without errors but it doesn’t create the new feature class. When I change the 2 fields from fme_int64 back to fme_int32, it runs without errors and creates the new feature class. 

I have ArcPro 3.2.2 installed which also supports the new Big Integer (64 Bit) field types.

My question is: Should I be using a different FME Field type besides ‘fme_int64’ to generate Big Integer field types via a Dynamic FGDB Feature Class Writer?

Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @mmccart 

After running a few tests, I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue on my end. 

Could you please share your workspace or how you configured your writer and changed the data type from int32 to int64?

Thanks! 

Crystal 

Badge +13

Crystal,

I am using the Schema (From Table) feature type in a FeatureReader. As you can see from this screenshot, the fme_int64 attribute type is defined for these two attributes.

I am then using a Esri FGDB feature type in a writer with Dynamic Schema Definition: 

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @mmccart 

If you are able to share your workspace and data with us, this will allow us to reproduce the issue and we will be able to file a bug report. 

Crystal 

Badge +13

@cfitzpat can you send me over your email address (either here or via private message) and I will send it to you. I don’t want to post the workspace here. Thanks. 

Badge +13

@cfitzpat I just emailed you the workspace. Let me know if you don’t get it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@mmccart I received it. Thank you!