Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to use the source dwg as template so I'm copying the source dwg file with filecopy.

Is there any way to clear the contents from the copied dwg file either thru FME/python. I have to place the same in the same work bench.

Thank you

Pratap

So you basically want to create an empty dwg with the same name and global settings?

I would use a creator transformer, creating a non-geometry feature and point that to an autocad dwg/dxf writer? If you assign your template in the writer that should do the job?

I do not have any template file as of now. I'm going to create it with the help of source dwg file.

There are dimension styles which are defined in each dwg file and I want to retain the same.

So I want to create template file with the help of source dwg itself.

I do not have any template file as of now. I'm going to create it with the help of source dwg file.

There are dimension styles which are defined in each dwg file and I want to retain the same.

I don't think you really have to 'create' a template file. If you just assign your source dwg as the template file, normally, all these settings are used to create your new dwg. Did you try that already?

pratap, did it solve your problem?

pratap, did it solve your problem?

Yes, "If you just assign your source dwg as the template file, normally, all these settings are used to create your new dwg" This used to solve... Thank you.