Skip to main content

How to convert wms to kml in fme.I tried converted but the file got converted has no geometry and schema is defined for the converted file.Why is this happening what error am i doing.Or how to convert wms to shape file.

WMS is raster, so conversion to a shapefile is right out (unless you convert the pixels to polygons). KML should support raster though.

Can you share your workspace here so we can have a closer look?

WMS is raster, so conversion to a shapefile is right out (unless you convert the pixels to polygons). KML should support raster though.

I agree with @redgeographics: WMS is just images, it doesn't hold any features, so all you'd be converting is images to KML rasters.

Thanks for the reply i'm getting a output kml file but it is not having any geometry or schema.wms2ogckml.fmw shared the workspace file.Why i'm not getting schema in the output kml file.

Thanks for the reply i'm getting a output kml file but it is not having any geometry or schema.wms2ogckml.fmw shared the workspace file.Why i'm not getting schema in the output kml file.
Because there is no geometry or schema in your WMS file! It's a picture.

Because there is no geometry or schema in your WMS file! It's a picture.

so the converted kml has no use?? since there is no geometry

so the converted kml has no use?? since there is no geometry

@san: Please read the documentation about WMS. A WMS is a map, a picture, an image. It's not data! It's not a collection of points, lines, polygons, so you cannot convert a WMS to a shapefile or to geometry in KML.

What you're after is a WFS service!

If you want to write rasters to KML, check out this tutorial: Raster Handling in KML