Skip to main content

Hi 

I have a workbench that I use for making ortho photo’s. 

I’m using this same workbench for over 4years now and since last week I’m getting always the same error. 

It’s says: jpeg2000 writer: Could not perform compression. 

I don’t know how to solve this, as it has worked always before…

I installed the lastest FME form yesterday. I get the same error. 

I don’t know for sure, but one time I looked at the edit header option under tools to solve something, but I don’t think I changed anything. Could that result in this error? 

According to the log it is a permissions issue.

I see you use a quite recent version FME, do these errors occur since the new installation?

What happens if you run FME as admin? (Right mouse click, run as admin).

What happens if you write the result to a different directory?

I think it’s more the first error. 

The second one about the permissions and the disk space, I get often, but it’s never that. 

I have rights, I can make files on the designated location. I did check yesterday with our IT guy and he told me nothing has changed permission wise… 

Next time I’ll do the output local on my machine to be sure.

The errors started somewhere last week on FME 2019. I tried different times with different data and always get this error now. Yesterday I installed FME2024, upgraded the clipper and rastermosaicker transformer and ran it again. Still get the same error. 

I’m stil having this issue. Is there another way to get support for FME?

Like a person from FME that takes over my pc and have look at the workbench??

Is that something they do? Can we contact like a developer ?

I’m not related to Safe but as I understand from other answers your options are:

• For questions on how to do something, it is possible to ask on the forums. Members are mostly other users, any help you get here is voluntarily / free. Expectation management :-)
  • For more advanced help, contact your reseller for consultancy.
  • For possible issues / bugs it is possible to submit a ticket at Safe support: https://support.safe.com/hc/en-us/p/Support

This problem stopped occurring, I have no idea why. I did not change anything...