Skip to main content

When converting Autodesk Civil 3D data (specifically pipes and structure for creating water, storm and sanitary features in shape or geodatabase) with FME, I am not getting any invert elevations.
The newly converted features have some AutoCAD attributes in HEX (assumed) format, but non of them make sense as invert elevation when converted to decimal.
The export LandXML file from the same Civil 3D does have those invert elevation that could be read as part of structure description, so it is there, just can't get it out into GIS.
I really wanted to avoid the process of manual entry of those invert elevations every time I need to add new developments to the infrastructure features. Any help on that?

Seems I found the solution!

Here it is, easy-peasy:

1. Export Civil 3D to .sdf

2. Convert .sdf to .shp (or feature class in geodatabase) with FME quick translator

Pipes attribute table has all that is needed.

It works just the way I wanted.

Seems I found the solution!

Here it is, easy-peasy:

1. Export Civil 3D to .sdf

2. Convert .sdf to .shp (or feature class in geodatabase) with FME quick translator

Pipes attribute table has all that is needed.

It works just the way I wanted.

-:(((

Back to grim reality...

All this design values aren't really helping - every as-built I have worked with so far has all as-built invert elevations numbers only updated in the annotation which you need to read and write manually.