Skip to main content

I get the following error when trying to access a Pervasive SQL database

Starting translation...

FME 2018.0.0.0 (20180308 - Build 18284 - WIN32)

FME Database Edition (node locked-crc)

Temporary License: 16 days left.

Machine host name is: cmcclain

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 16299)

Copyright (c) 1994 - 2018, Safe Software Inc.

Safe Software Inc.

Creating reader for format: Pervasive PSQL

Trying to find a DYNAMIC plugin for reader named `PERVASIVE'

Loaded module 'PERVASIVE' from file 'C:\\apps\\FME\\plugins/FME_ADO.dll'

FME API version of module 'PERVASIVE' matches current internal version (3.8 20180209)

Pervasive Reader: Read 0 DEF line(s). Found 0 attribute(s)

Pervasive Reader: Opening `mcsdb' for read operation

Pervasive Reader: Connection failed. Connection string `Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=mcsdb'. Provider error `(-2147217843) [psql][ODBC Client Interface][lna][psql][SQL Engine][Data Record Manager]Invalid user authorization specification.'

Failed to open reader

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'PERVASIVE' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

FME Session Duration: 0.3 seconds. (CPU: 0.1s user, 0.1s system)

END - ProcessID: 5376, peak process memory usage: 40568 kB, current process memory usage: 40528 kB

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'PERVASIVE' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

Workspace generation failed. Parameter file was C:\\Users\\cmcclain\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\FME_1522349455173_6808.

Hello @chris_m,

At first glance, this appears to be a permissions error.

At what point does this error occur? Does this occur when trying to select a table, or after selecting a table and trying to add it to the workspace(clicking OK on the reader)?

Hello @chris_m,

At what point does this error occur? Does this occur when trying to select a table, or after selecting a table and trying to add it to the workspace(clicking OK on the reader)?

I get the error when i hit the button to get the list of tables

Hello @chris_m,

@trentatsafe I was also able to import the data into MS Access 2010 via the ODBC connection