Skip to main content

This is somewhat related to another question of mine.

I am using FME 2013 and connecting to Smallworld 4.3 via SpatialBiz' SBS plugin.

I have had trouble getting the syntax straight to extract all elements from gt_pipe_segment that match a certain 'where'-clause (using FeatureReader). At some point then I decided to look at the results without any clause in place, and got the following results:

FME returned me about 28.000 entries, while gt_pipe_segment.size is about 92.000.

This problem seems to get bigger the bigger a table is. But already for a table of size roughly 1500 I had a deviation of six.

Again, there was no clause in place, neither spatial nor on the attribute.

Is this a known bug? Can someone confirm this? Could this be fixed in a newer version of FME/SpatialBiz? I have found another bug report on FeatureReader.

Hi John, is there any way you can try with a modern FME? This definitely does sound like a bug but I'd first recommend trying the latest versions to see if it is a thing of the past. It is also very likely that the issue was in the SBS reader as it interacted with the FeatureReader so I'd definitely loop in SBS's support as well.

We (Spatial Business Systems) are working with your co-worker (Eric) on this case.

My bad, I did not know about the "Extract all Table Records"-Parameter. Setting this to "Yes" found all gt_pipe_segments that are in internal worlds.

This question can be closed.

My bad, I did not know about the "Extract all Table Records"-Parameter. Setting this to "Yes" found all gt_pipe_segments that are in internal worlds.

This question can be closed.

You can close the question, by accepting an answer.