Skip to main content

Hello,

We have a workspace with transform a Geodatabase file in more thant 300 dwg based on surface.

When I open the dwg with AutoCAD, I have a message like below. It says that "file was written by a school version of Autocad and A text is written in the trace banner". (Print Screen 1)

THe workspace run with the version of FME : FME(R) 2018.0.0.2 (20180414 - Build 18301 - WIN64) and the version of AutoCAD I chose to write it's AutoCAD 2010

I have the same type of message with files (Print Screen 2 wrtten with FME(R) 2019.1.0.0 (20190710 - Build 19608 - WIN64). The message the files was written by a application which hasn't been developped by Autodesk or which hasn't got an Autodesk's licence

Can you help me with this issue ?

It's not very good to have this kind of message in file to share for internal and external purpose.

I can send files if necesssary.

Best Regards

Bernard DinonPICC_Crisnée-Odeur.dwgOSP3_2020_Blegny_Plan_20200319.dwg

PICC_Crisnée-Odeur.dwgOSP3_2020_Blegny_Plan_20200319.dwg

Print Screen 1

Print Screen 2

Hi @bernarddinon,

FME includes two different AutoCAD writers:

- Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF

- Autodesk AutoCAD RealDWG DWG/DXF

The RealDWG writer uses a library supplied by Autodesk, and will create output DWG files that do not produce the warning when being opened in AutoCAD. Unfortunately, this library is only supplied for 64 bit Windows, and so is only available in that version of FME.

For cross platform DWG reading and writing, FME also has the first writer, which uses a third party supplied library. This writer will create DWG files that trigger the warning, but is available in Windows, Linux and Mac versions of FME.

If you are using the Windows 64 bit version of FME, I would recommend using the RealDWG writer to avoid the warning when opening the output files in AutoCAD.

@daveatsafe

Hello,

Thank for your answers. I will try you proposal Monday and I will give you a feedback.

By the past, with others workspace, I used the AutoCAD RealDWG DWG/DXF, but the writer doesn't as we want.

Best Regards