Skip to main content

I am trying to work out the actual scale of the viewport(s) in AutoCAD DWG to make sure they conform to a particular scale.

Attached is an example DWG that I am trying to determine the scale of the viewport.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dean

Hi @deanhowell,

I'm pretty new to FME, but had the same question on one of my projects too. Maybe there's a more elegant way but this worked for me:

• in the dwg-reader make sure you read the paper space and select the layouts you want the viewports to read from:

• in the reader group by 'geometry' so you can select just the viewports as feature types and expose the format attributes 'autocad_viewport_custom_scale' and 'autocad_space'

• depending of the drawing units and layout units you can calculate a traditional "1:X"-scale

Hope this can help you? I attached the workspace with your dwg (i changed and added some viewports just for testing)

acadvpscale.fmwt

Hi @deanhowell,

I'm pretty new to FME, but had the same question on one of my projects too. Maybe there's a more elegant way but this worked for me:

• in the dwg-reader make sure you read the paper space and select the layouts you want the viewports to read from:

• in the reader group by 'geometry' so you can select just the viewports as feature types and expose the format attributes 'autocad_viewport_custom_scale' and 'autocad_space'

• depending of the drawing units and layout units you can calculate a traditional "1:X"-scale

Hope this can help you? I attached the workspace with your dwg (i changed and added some viewports just for testing)

acadvpscale.fmwt

Thanks @becchr, I appreciate the assistance. That is exactly what I need.