Skip to main content
hi ,

i am getting below error while connecting SQL Server from FME desktop ,

Making a direct connection using instance 'sde:sqlserver' and userId = 'username'

Error connecting to instance 'sde:sqlserver' for database 'sde' on server '!not_used!' for user 'eifme'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-324) Cannot connect to database because the database client software failed to load.  Be sure the database client software is installed and configured correctly.. Error connecting to instance 'sde:sqlserver' for database 'sde' on server '!not_used!' for user 'eifme'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-92) Bad connection handle

Currently using Arcgis 10.2.1

any idea...
Hi,

make sure you have installed the SQL Server native client (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/ff658533) on the desktop in question.

David
HI David,

we have installed SQL server in FME desktop machine already, we are able to connect using ArcCatalog using direct connection but when we tried on FME geting above mentined error , 

any update? facing the same issue. I can connect using arcmap but when running a job from fme server I encounter the same error.

Error connecting to instance 'sde:sqlserver:hostname' for database 'xxx' on server '!not_used!' for user ''.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-493) Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not supported.. Error connecting to instance 'sde:sqlserver:icmsgisdb.icmsdev.com' for database 'ICMSGIS' on server '!not_used!' for user ''.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-92) Bad connection handle

any update? facing the same issue. I can connect using arcmap but when running a job from fme server I encounter the same error.

Error connecting to instance 'sde:sqlserver:hostname' for database 'xxx' on server '!not_used!' for user ''.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-493) Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not supported.. Error connecting to instance 'sde:sqlserver:icmsgisdb.icmsdev.com' for database 'ICMSGIS' on server '!not_used!' for user ''.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-92) Bad connection handle

I get the same error be in running from FME bench or from the server straight. I am using sql server 2012 with arcgis 10.4.1 installed in the same server. FME server is win32