Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to add Google sheets writer but I am getting a white screen when trying to authenticate.

This previously worked but I was having a problem adding Google sheets to someone else report for me. I thought removing the connection and adding it back it might solve this problem but now I am unable to add this back so have lost connection for existing reports.

I have tried to add this from running the report and via FME options web connections but the getting the same result. I am presented with a white screen and nothing else. I am guessing that you would normally get the google authentication to OK at the point I am getting the white screen.

Has anyone else had this problem and any idea on how this could be fixed.

Thanks

Kevin

@kevinfrench,

Sorry that you are experiencing this.

We see that you have opened a case (I've responded). For the wider audience in the community, I see this same behavior in 2019.0 but 2019.1. and 2019.2 both seem to work. What version of FME are you using?

@kevinfrench,

Sorry that you are experiencing this.

We see that you have opened a case (I've responded). For the wider audience in the community, I see this same behavior in 2019.0 but 2019.1. and 2019.2 both seem to work. What version of FME are you using?

We are actively investigating this one. We can confirm there is an issue in 2019.0 and older. However, we have had a report that a customer still has success in FME 2017. We have not confirmed this yet. We will be working with Google in an attempt resolve the issue.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. We are using version 2019.0 so this is what is causing the problem from what you are saying.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. We are using version 2019.0 so this is what is causing the problem from what you are saying.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi @kevinfrench,

It appears that Google have recently changed their oauth authentication web page which has made it incompatible with our 2018.0 - 2019.0 releases. I have created a known issues article that details a workaround if you are unable to upgrade completely. I will update that article if we are able to find a resolution.