Question

which command lines to automate fme?

• 5 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Good morning,

I’m trying to automate my fme with a bat file. It’s the first one and I don’t understand what’s blocking it.

I attach my bat file if someone can help me tell if the command lines or not =)

thank you 

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @solene01​,

If you open your workspace in a text editor like Notepad, you will see the recommended command line to run the workspace in the first several lines. You can use this command line in your batch file.

Good morning,

Certainly! To automate FME using a batch file, you'll typically need a command line like this:

"C:\Path\To\FME.exe" "C:\Path\To\YourWorkspace.fmw" --param1 value1 --param2 value2

Make sure to replace the paths and parameters with the correct ones for your specific workspace and needs. If you could share the content of your .bat file (obscuring any sensitive information), I could provide more specific help.

Thank you!

Regards

Lija

Badge

Good morning,

thank you for your return just I join you the beginning of script which I made. I manage to launch it but not to execute it, is it the .exe which causes the execution of the processing chain?

THANKS

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Open a *.fmw open the program fmeworkbench.exe. fme.exe execute a workbench.

--param1 value1 ... is only nessary, if you have params. These are of course only placeholders for the actual values.

Badge

oh ok i see thank you

How do you get an exe file?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

fme.exe is a program from safe. You found it in the install-directory. Like Ilja has written.