Skip to main content
Solved

Upload Files with REST API

Hi, 

is it possible to upload a file to the FME Flow shared resource folder through the Flow REST API? I tried to setup a POST request for https://fme.oebb.at/fmerest/v3/resources/connections/<resource>/filesys/<path> but get a 415 Unsupported Media Type Response. I used the following parameters in Postman:

In this example I want to upload the text file “test.txt” to the shared resource folder “Test”. 

Is there a problem with the request, or is this the wrong approach for uploading a file via the REST API? The goal would be to provide a means for external applications to upload files that are then processed by FME Flow. Thank you for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +25

Changing things on FME Server/Flow typically requires authorization, and therefore authentication.

Have you created a suitable token to accompany the request, or a basic digest authentication ?

Otherwise you most likely will be rejected.

Another issue is your <resource> and <path> in your url. These should be replaced by the values FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA and your path respectively in the url, not given as query parameters.

Hope this helps.

Badge +7

Hi @lifalin2016, accidentally I double posted this question. The orginal post was 

Anyway, what you suggested is correct: I had to change the request URL as you suggested and the body in Postman to “form-data”. 
Nonetheless, thank you for your help!