Question

Unable to Share Automations or Projects with FME Flow - "Unauthorized request by user due to lack of proper permissions"

• 14 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

We recently upgraded from FME Server v2021 (with Windows Authentication) to FME Flow v2023 (with SAML Authentication) and now receive an FME Flow Error: "Unauthorized request by user due to lack of proper permissions" when attempting to share items (e.g. Automations, Projects, etc.).

As a troubleshooting test, my account published a fresh and simple workspace and created a simple automation without any database or web connections, and therefore appears to be the owner of both the workspace and the automation. However, whenever I click the button to share even this simple Automation with another user I receive the "Unauthorized..lack of proper permissions error". 

Sharing automations and projects worked prior to the upgrade. Now, we are unable to share any of them, no matter how simple or complex.

What might we have missed, or what configuration item should we look into to re-enable the owners of items to share them with others? 

3 replies

Badge +6

@raymondbrunner​ ,

Do the users have the "Sharing Enabled" setting turned on for their accounts?

Can an fmesuperuser account share items successfully? If so, this would confirm a permissions issue.

Thanks,

Sanae

Badge

@raymondbrunner​ ,

Do the users have the "Sharing Enabled" setting turned on for their accounts?

Can an fmesuperuser account share items successfully? If so, this would confirm a permissions issue.

Thanks,

Sanae

Yes, both "Account Enabled" and "Sharing Enabled" are selected.

The FME Admin can successfully share these items owned by my account, on my behalf.

Prior to the v2023 upgrade and transition to SAML I was able to share my items on my own.

Hello @raymondbrunner​ ,

I am wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong?

Thank you